Only a few sleeps to go and our Back to School Fairy Countdown can begin.
Going to school is a perfect time when a fairy door can prove its ‘magic’. The back to school fairy can use it to encourage, comfort and surprise with a special treat on this big occasion.
Counting down to any special event is exciting because it builds anticipation and helps a child understand length of time. Plus, counting sleeps to starting school can help a parent keep a child’s focus on positives, especially if a child is anxious.
How to Use our Back to School Fairy Countdown?
Below we have a FREE Back to School Countdown printable, which can be hung on the wall beside your child’s fairy door 1 week before starting school.
Then each night “the fairies” secretly leave a little treat for your child to find in the morning and each day your child colours in 1 box. Then on the last sleep, a special treat is left!
Items you Need
- Our Free Countdown Poster (print below)
- 6 little ‘treats’ from the fairies
- 1 Special ‘Back to School’ treat
Some ideas for little treats:
- Coloured Pencil
- Lunch Box
- Drink Bottle
- Pretty Pen
- Novelty Eraser
- Pencil Case
- Hair Clips
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pretty Socks
And 1 special Back to School treat (to leave on the last night before school), could be something a bit bigger, like:
- Back Pack
- Set of Colouring Pencils or Texters
- Necklace (for them to wear on the day)
- A note promising a special outing somewhere they would love
- Print our free Back to School Countdown Poster
- Secretly leave the Poster outside your child’s Fairy Door 7 sleeps before school starts
Your child can then hang it on the wall
- Each night, ‘the fairies’ secretly leave 1 small treat outside their fairy door
- Then each morning, your child colours in 1 day’s shape on their countdown poster
- Repeat this each night and morning for 6 nights
- On the last night before school, leave the last “special Back to School” treat as a bigger surprise on their first day of school
You might enjoy our other posts such as: