If you have a child who struggles to sleep through the night in their own bed, a Sleep Fairy Reward Chart can help.
Children are so receptive to encouragement and a bit of positive reinforcement can work wonders in helping a child through difficult stages.
A stage most children go through is sleeping in their own bed. And the good news is that a Fairy Door can actually help with this.
How? With a Sleep Fairy Reward Chart.
What is a Sleep Fairy Reward Chart?
It is a pretty chart that you hang on your child’s wall which displays a gold star for every night they sleep in their own bed.
How Does a Sleep Fairy Reward Chart work?
Every night that your child sleeps in their own bed, the fairies ‘secretly’ leave a gold star outside their fairy door.
Your child sticks this gold star on their chart. When all the spaces have a star, the fairies then leave a little treat as a reward.
We have a FREE Printable Chart below – a Pirate Chart and a Fairy Chart.
- Click the “Download” link above
- Print Chart on A4 white paper
- Attach one of them next to your child’s Fairy Door
- Explain to your child that every time they sleep in their own bed, the fairies will leave a gold star the next morning
- Then, when your child does sleep in their own bed, make sure you leave a gold star sticker outside their fairy door the next morning
- When your child wakes to find it, they stick the star onto their chart
- This continues each time your child sleeps in their own bed until their chart is full of stars
- Then when their chart is full, the fairies leave a special surprise treat as a reward outside their fairy door.
A reward treat doesn’t need to be expensive, just something small – anything your child would appreciate, such as a small chocolate, a little gift, a promise of a special outing etc
Remember… the success of a Reward Chart is in NOT FORGETTING to leave a “Gold Star” each morning after your child sleeps in their bed.
And, you can reprint the chart again and again as required.
For more ideas on How to Use a Fairy Door, you might enjoy some of our other fairy door posts such as: