Want a birthday cake that costs less than $20, takes 5 minutes to make and looks AMAZING, then this 5 Minute Princess Castle Cake is PERFECT!
If you’re like me and don’t have the time or the talent to create elaborate cakes, the when I came across this 5 minutes Princess Castle Cake got my attention quickly! The name said it all for me.
With more and more parents, especially famous ones, sharing photos online of their children’s epic birthday parties, it’s no surprise that mums can feel under pressure to spend big to try and create more extravagant parties.
But credit to Olivia White… who believes, “Kids really don’t care how much the cake costs”
Olivia got all the ingredients at Woolworths supermarket including the ready-made cakes and ready-to-use frosting.
Everything cost less than $20 and took only 5 minutes to put together. And Olivia’s daughter LOVED IT!
- Marble Block Cake (from Woolworths)
- Red Velvet Cake (from Woolworths)
- Box of Mini Waffle Ice Cream Cones
- Box of Ice Cream Cone Cups
- 2 x Packets of Betty Crocker Strawberry Frosting
- Dr. Oetker Rose Icing Decorations
- Pkt of Mini Marshmallows
- Use the Marble Block Cake as the base
- Put the Red Velvet Cake on top of it. (Leave the cardboard on the base of the red velvet cake for stability (you can remove this once you cut the cake).
- Cover the cakes with Betty Crocker Frosting
- Stick 4 x Ice Cream Cone Cups in each corner of the block cake and 1 in the middle of the Red Velvet cake
- Using some of the Frosting, put a dab around each of the ice Cream Cones and stick the Waffle Cones upside down on each
- Decorate your cake using the Flowers and Mini Marshmallows
Thanks and credit to Olivia White for this great 5 Minute Princess Castle Cake idea and her beautiful photos. http://houseofwhite.com.au/5-minute-princess-castle-cake-hack/
For other fun and creative recipe ideas for your children, you might enjoy: