Fairies love to be included in birthday celebrations and we’ll show you how to create a birthday theme for your fairy door.
If you have a birthday coming up in your home, surprise your child by decorating their fairy door in a fairy happy birthday theme. This is such a fun way to include your child’s fairy friend in the birthday celebration and at the same time, create precious childhood memories.
How to Create a Birthday Theme for your Fairy Door:
1. Every birthday needs a ‘Happy Birthday Sign’.
Write or print on a sheet of white A4 paper some colourful letters that spell “Happy Birthday”. Cut each letter out and fold each over a length of string above above your fairy door. (See below for our Youtube clip to watch how we made our Happy Birthday Fairy Garland).
Or if you prefer, we have this Fairy Door Birthday Garland Template available in our store as an “Instant Download”:
2. Add a Bunch of little fairy balloons.
3. Next, add a little fairy table and chairs set for the fairy party food.
We have little fairy sized sandwiches, little fairy cakes, fairy drink and even tiny donuts to tempt even the fussiest fairy appetite.
4. Then, leave a special birthday greeting from their fairy to make this day even more precious.
4. No birthday celebration is complete without a Birthday Cake
5. Put the finishing touch on your Birthday Fairy setting with some fairy-sized streamers!
These are easy to create by using a “Party Popper” available from supermarkets. Simply pop one and decorate your fairy door with the streamers that fly out! Perfect!
6. Last but not least…Add some teeny weeny Fairy Party Hats.
A fairy door is truly a precious item for your child as it can be used in so many ways to encourage self esteem, celebrate occasions, and inspire creativity and create precious childhood memories.
For more ideas on How to use a Fairy Door throughout the year, you might enjoy reading our posts on the Dummy Fairy, Sleep Fairy, fear of the dark, Back to School Fairy, a Fairy Reward Chart, Easter and Christmas Fairy ideas and How to Write Fairy Letters