Our free printable Back to School Fairy Countdown is the second part of our series on How to Use a Fairy Door throughout the year.
As we come toward the end of January, it will soon be back to school time and a fairy door is the perfect little item to make this big event more exciting and fun, with a touch of fairy magic thrown in.
There is something exciting about counting down to a big event because it builds anticipation and helps to keep the focus on positives. It’s even more exciting when the countdown brings some fairy magic that is easy to bring!
All that is involved is to print our School Countdown poster and hang it on the wall next to your child’s fairy door 1 week before school starts. Then each night “the fairies” secretly leave a little treat for your child to find in the morning and each day your child colours in 1 box. This helps them count sleeps to the big day, creates some fun and anticipation and will also help those little ones who may be a bit apprehensive and nervous about going, especially if it’s their first day of school.
What you Need
- Print our Free Back to School Fairy Countdown Poster (see below)
- Purchase 7 x school supply items (Leave 1 each night outside your fairy door “from the fairies”)
- Purchase 1 ‘special’ gift to leave 1 sleep before school day (see below for suggestions)
How Does it Work?
- Our Back to School Fairy Countdown starts 1 week before school. Print our free Countdown Poster here…..back to school fairy countdown
- Hang the Countdown poster on the wall beside your child’s fairy door 7 days before school starts and each night, secretly leave 1 school supply item outside their fairy door, “from the fairies”.
- Each morning, your child then colours in that day’s shape.
- This continues each night for the next 6 nights. Then on the last night before school starts, secretly leave the last “special” gift outside their fairy door to surprise them when they wake for their first day of school
Suggestions for small School Supplies as “fairy gifts” are…
- Coloured Pencil
- Lunch Box
- Drink Bottle
- Pretty Pen
- Novelty Eraser
- Pencil Case
- Hair Clips
- Pencil Sharpener
- And the “special” gift to surprise your child on School Day could be a new Backpack, a pretty School Bag decorative clip, a set of colouring pencils or a personalised anything.
Watch for the third part in our series “How to use a Fairy Door” throughout the year coming soon