Continuing with our Fairy Picnic theme, this week we’re showing you how to make a Fairy Picnic Bindle.
A Bindle is a little bag tied on the end of a stick which is carried over the shoulder. The bag is usually a blanket tied in a knot on the stick which makes it easy to carry little items around. A Bindle is also called a “Swag” or “Hobo Stick”
And a fairy sized Bindle is perfect for your fairy to bring a picnic lunch to her favourite fairy picnic spot.
How to make your own Fairy Picnic Bindle…..
You will need
- A small square piece of thin fabric which measures about 8cm x 8cm
- A thin stick or a wooden skewer (with the sharp end removed) about 8cm long
- Fairy food for a picnic – see below
It is much easier if you use thin fabric and cut pointy corners in the fabric … to make it easier to tie the corners together.
What to Do…
- Place your Fairy Picnic Food in the middle of the square piece of fabric
You could also include other foods that fairies love like a Sultana, peanut, a popcorn
- Pick up two corners that are diagonal from each other, tie them together.
- Lie the stick on top of the knot
- Tie the other two corners that are diagonal from each other, to close the Bindle.
Your Fairy Picnic Bindle should look like this…