In this weeks blog, we’ll share a great idea to make a quick and easy Fairy Garden Picnic Table from popsicle sticks.
Now that Spring has sprung, fairy’s everywhere are dusting off their picnic blankets to enjoy the sunshine. And like us, a favourite activity is the Aussie picnic.
In an earlier blog post, we shared some inspiration on how to create a fairy picnic theme for your fairy door or fairy garden. This week we share how to make a Fairy Garden Picnic Table to add to that theme.
- Popsicle Sticks (available from stores like Kmart, Spotlight, BigW, Bunnings and Craft stores)
- Glue Gun (these are inexpensive and available from stores like Kmart, Spotlight, Officeworks, Bunnings and Craft Stores)
- Create the base of the table by crossing 2 sticks over each other and glue. Repeat. (make sure the bottoms of the sticks are level as these will be the table legs)
- Then glue a popsicle stick across each of these – just below the join.
- To form the top of the table, glue 6 sticks together side by side
- To create the benches to sit on, glue 2 sticks together. Repeat
- Now assemble the pieces. Using the 2 ‘X’ frames you made before, glue each of the bench seats on.
Make sure your table is able to stand straight as it dries
- When it is dry, glue the top of the table on.
To create a fun Fairy Picnic theme outside your fairy door, pop over to our Spring Fairy Picnic blog.
We also have a tutorial on how to make a Fairy Picnic Bindle
Thank you and credit to Factory Direct Craft for their creative idea and great photos.